Home > Health Resource Center > Midlife and Menopause > Web Links
Nutrition/eating well Web Links
Return to Midlife and Menopause Overview
- "Focus on Fitness, Not Fatness"
article in which critics and experts discuss the myths surrounding obesity and thinness, challenging that fitness, not thinness is better for health
- "Mothers for Organic"
an environmentalist and mother writes about why she has chosen to support the organic foods indusry and the benefits of raising children on organic foods
- "Nutrition Labels and Health Claims: The Global Regulatory Environment"
- "The Future of Food"
film investigating the prevalence and safety of genetically engineered foods
- "The Way We Eat Now"
article exploring the prevalence, causes and politics of obesity in the United States
- American Dietetic Association
nutrition and recipe tips, research on dietary findings, and information for students interested in studying dietetics and nutrition
- Body Positive
a different approach to body acceptance and emotional health that focuses on discovering what is healthiest for your unique body and feeling good about the body you have
- Can Eating Fish Be Dangerous? The Facts About Methylmercury
information about the health risk of consuming mercury-contaminated fish during pregnancy
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
advocate for nutrition and health, food safety, alcohol policy, and sound science
- Center for Young Women's Health: Nutrition and Fitness
tips for healthy eating in teens, sports nutrition, information on eating disorders, and basic information on vitamins and minerals
- Hunger Project
working to end world hunger
- Low-Fat Diet Not a Cure-All
excellent examination of Women's Health Initiative Dietary Modification Trial that showed that a low-fat diet had no effect on heart disease, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, or weight
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
diabetes treatment and diagnosis resources, clinical trials and research; also in Spanish.
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
sustainable agriculture and organic farming news
- Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides
information about pesticides and their alternatives
- Nutrition Source: Knowledge for Healthy Eating
excellent, evidence-based information about nutrition and health from the Harvard School of Public Health
- Organic Consumers Association
campaigning for food safety and organic foods
- Small Planet Institute: Feeding the Future
food rights and democracy internationally
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Office of Foods
FDA site monitoring US foods, organic foods, labeling of genetically altered foods
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center
dietary guidelines and information on the food pyramid
- USDA Nutritional Assistance Programs
information on government food programs, including Women, Infants and Children (WIC), Food Stamps, and School Meals
- Vegetarian Resource Group
vegetarian nutrition, recipes and information
vegetarian cookbooks, recipes and products